While attracting new patients is vital for the growth of a dental practice, keeping them coming back is more crucial.
Easier said than done. According to American Dental Association (ADA), the average customer retention rate in the industry is only 41 percent.
If your practice struggles in the area of patient retention, value-added offerings such as teeth whitening services can be a simple solution.
Consider these statistics — then consider offering teeth whitening services
Teeth whitening has become a new norm for Americans.
Quick fact check:
- In 2016, Americans spent $1.4 billion on over-the-counter teeth whitening products.
- In 2017, 45 million people in the U.S. purchased professional teeth whitening.
- In 2018, 82.5 percent of patients reported noticeable improvement after a professional whitening treatment.
- In 2020, 37 million people used tooth whiteners.
Not sure how to get started?
Package whitening services with other procedures.
A study found that many patients want to improve their dental aesthetics. In fact, 43 percent of patients are unhappy with their dental appearance.
Offer teeth whitening services at a reduced price to patients who undergo dental esthetic treatments. Patients might want to whiten their teeth before restorative work or after completing their clear aligner therapy.
Other findings from the study:
- Twelve percent think their anterior teeth are protruding.
- Thirty percent of patients are dismayed with the crowding of anterior teeth.
- Seventeen percent have non-esthetic restorations.
- Twenty-three percent of patients hide their teeth while smiling.
- Fifty-one percent of patients are uncomfortable with the color of their teeth.
Ready for 4 more ways teeth whitening services can support your patients and practice?
Find more ways to leverage teeth whitening services as a patient retention and generation tool, and gain helpful information on a number of other related topics at The Learning Center.
Presented as a free resource for dental professionals, Benco Dental’s Learning Center provides a hub of useful information. From white papers and articles to checklists, webinars and podcasts, information is available in numerous formats on a broad array of topics.