The trending hues of ‘Wordle green’ in the fashion world may fade, but a celebration of Earth Day green at the dental practice can occur every day with these five eco-friendly options. We normally wouldn’t argue with Kermit the Frog, especially about his signature song, but “Bein’ Green” in has never been easier – especially in dentistry.
1. TrollByte Kimera Bio Kit offers an eco-friendly option
When it’s time for a full mouth series of images, Kimera Bio Starter Kit by Troll Dental USA offers a bio-based holder manufactured using renewable raw elements reducing environmental impacts. The one piece, bio-based sensor holder kit, is fully autoclavable with a stiff arm and flexible claw.
Find it HERE.
2. Biodegradable Plastic and Paper Patient Bags are sturdy and environmentally safe
The offerings are endless — and fully customizable — with biodegradable plastic and paper patient bags to send home with dental patients. The EcoSolution plastic bag, shown, will biodegrade naturally whether introduced to the recycling stream or thrown in the trash destined for composting in a landfill. It breaks down into inert soil and bio gases. It’s designed to be reused, recycled or discarded with minimum impact on the environment.
Full-color and sturdy, paper patient supply bags provide another alternative and are fully biodegradable.
View all the options HERE.
3. BioGreen™ Biodegradable Micro-Applicators are eco-friendly and effective
Premier’s BioGreen Biodegradable Micro-Applicators put everything within reach, from an area of the oral cavity to an eco-friendly solution. Made from a food production straw-byproduct, they are biodegradable and compostable.
Learn more HERE.
4. TePe GOOD Mini Flosser efficiently remove plaque while remaining responsible to the planet.
Thanks to the use of renewable raw materials — sugar cane and wood fibers– in the Good Mini Flosser handle, TePe recirculates 85 percent of the carbon dioxide emissions during the product’s life cycle. What else? The slender handle fits comfortably in the hand to aid in cleaning tight spaces between teeth. Efficiency and convenience arrive with a cleverly-designed bite plane to gently insert floss. All TePe products are produced with 100 percent green energy from renewable sources.
Find them HERE.
5. Seventh Generation Cleaning Products generate change with numerous eco-friendly options
Plant-derived cleaning agents in Seventh Generation products help a dental practice stay clean and green.
- Natural Hand Wash Free & Clean offers an option free of triclosan, dyes, phthalates and synthetic fragrances that has also been clinically-proven hypoallergenic.
- Natural Liquid Laundry Detergent Ultra Power Plus Fresh makes short work of tough stains but is gentle to the world and is also free of dyes, optical brighteners and synthetic fragrances.
- Seventh Generation® Lemon Chamomile Scent Professional Wood Cleaner cleans, conditions and makes wood surfaces glow. Its blend of plant-based ingredients and organic coconut oil clean, hydrate and restore with no yellowing buildup. Also works well on other hard, non-porous surfaces.
- 100% Recycled Napkins made of recycled paper offer a strong, soft and absorbent option.
Find these Seventh Generation products and more HERE.
Every eco-friendly product makes a difference to the planet and provides dental teams and patients another reason to smile.