Incisal Edge dental lifestyle mag takes a second annual look at our industry’s primary forces to be reckoned with — the doctors, executives, lobbyists, educators, and Miss Universes doing the most to shape dentistry today. And tomorrow.
In dentistry, a multibillion-dollar health-care industry that’s home to some of the nation’s most innovative and interesting people, no ranking of “influence” existed – until Incisal Edge‘s inaugural list in 2017. Back then, the editorial team embarked upon the quest: to shine a light on 32 such “voices” – one for every tooth.
“We ultimately nailed down a few key metrics. We counted dollars – company size, or size of budget controlled – as most important. Next we looked at the weight an organization can throw around. Finally, we tried to calculate ‘size of voice’: how much influence an individual has through his or her speaking, writing or research activities,” Incisal Edge Founder Chuck Cohen said in 2017.
The 32 Most Influential People in Dentistry for 2018, ranked by Incisal Edge dental lifestyle magazine, include:
- Stanley Bergman, CEO and Chairman of the Board, Henry Schein,
- Marco Gadola, CEO, Straumann,
- Jennifer Olson-Wilk, Senior Vice President and Managing Director of Doctor-Directed Consumer Channel, Align Technology (Maker of Invisalign System)
- Martha Somerman, DDS, PH.D., Director, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research,
- Howard Farran, DDS, MBA, Founder, Dentaltown.com, Dentaltown Magazine,
- Jim Glidewell, CDT, President and CEO, Glidewell Laboratories,
- (TIE) Michael Graham, Senior Vice President, American Dental Association’s Division of Government and Public Affairs,
7. (TIE) Kathleen O’Loughlin, DMD, MPH, Executive Director, American Dental Association,
- Rick Workman, DMD, CEO and President, Heartland Dental,
- Peter DuBois, Executive Director, California Dental Association.
- Amir Aghdaei, Group Executive and Vice President, KaVo Kerr Group,
- Robert Fontana, CEO Aspen Dental
- Steve Bishop, Group President, Procter & Gamble Global Health Care, Including Oral Care,
- Gordon Christensen, DDS, MHD, PH.D., Founder, Practical Clinical Courses,
- Tony Barth CEO Delta Dental
- Steve Thorne, MHA, Founder and CEO, Pacific Dental Services,
- Michael Cohen, DDS, Founder, Seattle Study Club,
- Dr. Nicholas Toscano, Board Certified Periodontist, Manhattan Periodontal Associates,
- John Kois, DMD, MSD, Founder and Director, The Kois Center,
- Christian Coachman, DDS, Founder, Digital Smile Design,
- Ed Snyder, Managing Director, Northcoast Research,
- Anton Woolf, CEO Argen,
- G. Dewey Martinelli, Managing Director for Health Care, William Blair,
- Dr. Frank Spear, DDS, MSD, Founder and Director, Spear Education,
- Federal Trade Commissioners, U.S. Federal Trade Commission,
- Dr. John Gluon, Managing Partner, Park Dental
- Mary Otto, Journalist, Author of Teeth
- Major General Dr. Roosevelt Allen, DDS, Chief of Dental Corps, United States Air Force,
- Michael Scandrett, Executive Director, Minnesota Health Care Safety Net Coalition
- Roger Levin, DDS, Founder and CEO, The Levin Group,
- Iris Mittenaere, Miss Universe 2016
- Justin Joffe, Founder and CEO, Henry the Dentist, and
- Marko Vujicic, Chief Economist and Vice President, American Dental Association Health Policy Institute.
Meet these dental demigods in Incisal Edge magazine at: Incisal Edge, Summer 2018
Published by Benco Dental, Incisal Edge celebrates dentists’ achievements both inside the operatory and during their hard-earned downtime. For additional information regarding the magazine, visit: https://www.incisaledgemagazine.com/