People don’t get more iconic than Dr. Lucy Hobbs. By age 28, in a time when women had not yet earned the right to vote — and were denied admittance to dental school — Dr. Lucy Hobbs opened her own dental office in Cincinnati, Ohio, and began treating patients. March 14, her birthdate, presents a fitting way to celebrate her: Honor iconic women in dentistry today through the The Lucy Hobbs Project, which was named in tribute to Dr. Hobbs more than a decade ago by Benco Dental.
How to create a nomination for The Lucy Hobbs Project Award that honors iconic women in dentistry.
1. Think of a woman who makes incredible contributions to the dental profession.
By definition, the The Lucy Hobbs Project Industry Icon honoree is “a trailblazer who is consistently recognized and admired for her work in the dental industry”. Nominees can be dentists, dental assistants, hygienists, office managers, just to name a few.
Need an example from this century?
In the past decade, recipients of the Lucy Hobbs Project™ Industry Icon Award, presented by Benco Dental have included:
- Carole Ann Boyd, DDS,
- Rella Christensen, PhD,
- Linda Miles, CSP, CMD,
- Athena S. Papas, DMD, PhD,
- Patricia Blanton, DDS, MS, PhD,
- Col. Theresa Gonzales, DMD, MS, MSS,
- Dr. Esther M. Wilkins, BS, RDH, DMD (1916-2016),
- Mary Hartigan, DDS,
- Careen Young, DDS, MSD
2. Click HERE and complete your 2022 Lucy Hobbs Project Industry Icon Award nomination.
3. While you’re on the Lucy Hobbs Project Award Nomination page, consider nominating women who inspire you in 5 other award categories.
The award categories include:
Woman to Watch: An up-and-coming leader who utilizes her position to create positive change in the industry
Mentor: An advisor who recognizes the importance of supporting, educating and encouraging others
Innovator: A groundbreaker who demonstrates a willingness to implement new technologies and business processes without fear of potential failure
Humanitarian: An altruist who works tirelessly for a charity or cause that benefits the well-being of others
Clinical Expert: A skillful practitioner who embraces advancements and adeptly integrates them into patient care
To nominate an inspirational woman in dentistry, click HERE.