Working on weekends, canceling plans for our tooth emergencies and caring for us even when we ignore their expert advice to floss daily and avoid gummy bears — just a few reasons to thank a dentist tomorrow, March 6.
Who else won’t wince in the face of our nasty coffee breath or hold a grudge if we cancel plans with them at the last minute?
Maybe none of those reasons prompted the dental holiday demigods to create #NationalDentistDay, but they definitely warrant at least one positive Facebook review for your favorite practitioner.
“1. Be the first of your friends to post a smile selfie on your dentist’s Facebook or Instagram page – and be sure to use the #NationalDentistsDay hashtag!
2. If you’ve been neglecting any dental treatment, schedule an appointment to get it done.
3. Show off your smile, more. Every day. Multiple times a day.
4. Be more diligent with your daily dental hygiene regimen of brushing for #2min2x a day & flossing daily.
5. If you happen to be lucky enough to actually be at your dentist’s office on National Dentist’s Day, snap a pic with them & post it on your Facebook.
6. Educate your children, family, & friends about the importance of oral health and the connection to overall health.
7. Schedule and KEEP your next dental checkup & teeth cleaning.“– Social Dental Network Managing Editor Chris Barnard
Dental distributor Benco Dental celebrates all dentists with a look at dentistry, past and present. View the video below and watch for more tomorrow on Benco’s social channels: