Volunteers, sponsors and patients are all invited to participate at an event that provides free dental care on Thursday, June 6 at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania.
WHAT IS MOM-n-PA?
MOM-n-PA is an annual two-day free dental clinic for underserved Pennsylvanians in which dental treatment is provided at NO COST to individuals who cannot afford dental care.
Treatment is provided on a first-come, first-served basis. It is expected that hundreds of individuals will be attending this year’s event, so patients are invited to please come early. Patients do not pre-register.
All services are provided free of charge by a host of dedicated volunteers.
The number of patients seen will be limited to up to 1,000 patients per day. Once the total number of patients we can see each day have been registered, no additional patients can be seen. Attendees are asked to be prepared to wait several hours for service.
Speaking of volunteers… MOM -n- PA needs you
According to event organizers:
“Volunteers are the heart of our MOM-n-PA missions. We will rely on the generous help of more than 800 volunteer dentists, endodontists, oral surgeons, pedodontists, dental hygienists, efdas, assistants, dental students, lab technicians, translators, and other community volunteers during the mission.”
VOLUNTEER DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Set up: Thursday, June 6
- Clinic Days: Friday, June 7 & Saturday, June 8
- Breakdown of Clinic: End of Day Saturday June 8 (Volunteers always needed)
To learn more about volunteering, click here.
To register as a volunteer, click here.
Want to donate and learn more about the event sponsors?
Q: What else should I know?
- Come early! Patients will be lining up starting Thursday evening.
- No appointments will be taken or are necessary.
- Patients are seen on a first come – first serve basis.
- The number of patients seen will be limited to up to 1,000 patients per day. Once the total number of patients we can see each day have been registered, no additional patients can be seen. Please be prepared to wait several hours for service.