In less than six weeks, six women will be selected to receive the Sixth Annual Lucy Hobbs Project Awards. These awards, named in tribute to Dr. Lucy Hobbs Taylor – the first American woman to earn a degree in dentistry – recognize outstanding women in the profession.
There’s still time to nominate prior to the April 27 deadline. Click here to nominate.
Later this year in San Francisco at the Sixth Annual Lucy Hobbs Project Celebration, those awards will be presented in six categories, and all members of the dental profession from across the country are invited to join in the festivities.
From September 13 to 15, attendees can earn more than 10 CE credits, hear from keynote speaker Erin Gruwell, Founder of the Freedom Writers Foundation, learn about the power of innovation at the Straumann Digital Dentistry Symposium, network with colleagues and establish mentorships.
The award categories include:
- Woman to Watch: An up-and-coming leader who utilizes her position to create positive change in the industry
- Industry Icon: A trailblazer who is consistently recognized and admired for her work in the dental industry
- Mentor: An advisor who recognizes the importance of supporting, educating and encouraging others
- Innovator: A groundbreaker who demonstrates a willingness to implement new technologies and business processes without fear of potential failure
- Humanitarian: An altruist who works tirelessly for a charity or cause that benefits the well-being of others
- Clinical Expert: A skillful practitioner who embraces advancements and adeptly integrates them into patient care
If you know of a woman who fits the criteria above, please nominate her today. Nominations must be submitted by Friday, April 27, 2018.
To nominate, click here.