America’s Dental Meeting® – ADA 2017 – hosted this year in Atlanta, Georgia aims to inspire all those in attendance later this week. With that in mind, the American Dental Association posed the question “What inspires you?” to those in the dental community, and shares the responses in its onsite guide (shown below).
During an Opening General Session, on Thursday, October 19 in Atlanta, ADA member dentists from across the country will share personal stories of how dentistry has allowed them to make an impact on their practice, family and community.
ADA Humanitarian and Distinguished Service Award recipients will earn recognition for their contributions to the profession.
Later in the week, on Friday, legendary quarterback Peyton Manning (shown at top) will take the stage as part of the Distinguished Speaker Series, discussing his time off the field that is dedicated to various foundations.
What else can you expect?
* A Women in Dentistry Leadership Series, including Mel Robbins (shown at left) presenting It Takes 5 Seconds to Change Your Life, Molly Fletcher, who will discuss Winning in a Male-Dominated Field, and Tiffany Dufu on the topic Drop the Ball: Achieving More by Doing Less.
- An ADA Block Party at Restaurant Row
- An exclusive screening of the award-winning movie Tommy’s Honour produced by ADA member Dr. Jim Kreutzer
- The New Dentist Conference throughout the meeting, with keynotes Robbins, Dr. Jay Parkinson, who created the world’s first internet-enabled house call practice in 2007, and closing speaker Chris Bashinelli, (think Sopranos) who after a decade -long acting career, decided to follow his real passion — using media to build bridges between cultures.
- The Oropharyngeal Cancer Symposium
- ADA Science Institute SeriesLearn more at: http://www.ada.org/en/meeting