“For the non-dental practitioner, the University of Maryland Mini-Dental School® is a great introduction to many of the key materials, processes and trends in dentistry,” said Benco Dental Director of Supply Chain Wendy K. Miller (shown above).
Miller and 21 other Dental Trade Alliance members attended the July 31-Aug. 1 Mini-Dental School® East at the University of Maryland, School of Dentistry in Baltimore.
“The instructors were knowledgeable and encouraged interactive and hands-on sessions. It’s a great way to learn and I loved the inclusion of CAD/CAM in the curriculum. It was also a wonderful opportunity to network with other dental industry colleagues. I will definitely recommend it.”
The hands-on sessions allowed participants to learn techniques for caries removal and filling, digital radiology, intraoral scanning and CAD/CAM, dental hygiene procedures and performing an endodontic root canal procedure, according to the DTA. Attendees also heard from dental students on their views about the dental profession and their future plans.
Key takeaways from the session
- Inside view of the skills and training that dentists need to excel at their profession.
- Better understanding of the dental education system, including products and techniques used.
- Improved grasp of the language of dentistry and of the varied specialties within the dental profession.
Want to attend an upcoming event?
Dates for the 2018 DTA Mini-Dental School® program sessions have been confirmed.
- Mini-Dental School® West will be held April 16-17 at the University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine
- Mini-Dental School® East will be held July 30-31 at the University of Maryland School of Dentistry.